We’re excited to be hiring a Licensed Psychologist to be part of our group practice, Center for Modern Therapy. Our practice offers a supportive, collaborative, and welcoming environment for clinicians. We offer individual, couples and adolescent therapy. Our sessions are currently conducted both virtually and in person at our beautiful downtown Walnut Creek location. Theoretically we lean towards psychodynamic and relational conceptualizations while also using an integrative approach including but not limited to CBT, EFT, DBT, ACT, and IFS.
Our practice is designed to create a collaborative and supportive environment for all, a place where you can build relationships, be part of a fun team, have a variety of clients, and connect with other clinicians. Please check out our website for additional information.
- Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Doctoral Degree in Psychology
- Active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD) in the State of California (must be fully licensed).
- Available to hold at least 18 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Center for Modern Therapy.
- Experience in working with adolescents
- Interest in working with eating disorders (in-house consultation available)
- Spanish Speaking
Work hours and schedule may vary depending on patient and CMT needs. Hours may include some nights and/or weekends. Therapist is not guaranteed a minimum number of patients or sessions per week. However, it is expected that Therapist will be available to hold at least 18 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Center for Modern Therapy.
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Center for Modern Therapy.
- Respond to patients’ requests for service or calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Urban Wellness website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such patients.
- Communicate with a patient’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
- Timely complete written records for each patient including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, and other documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by CMT or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient. Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
- Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Center for Modern Therapy.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Center for Modern Therapy.
- Conduct and regulate therapy services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Center for Modern Therapy. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
- Other duties which may by assigned by Center for Modern Therapy.